Rain today is keeping meaningful construction from happening, but it did reveal a major leak! After many storms with the interior bare, I thought I had sealed all of the leaks in the walls, but apparently there was one more. What I’m very confused and concerned about is that it seems to be coming through the Great Stuff! I was under the impression that, as closed cell foam, Great Stuff would keep water from getting in. I poked a portion above the leak and saw water squeeze out. I’m going to have to stall things until I can figure this bit out. If I can find the source of the leak outside, I’ll just seal it there with caulk.
We used canned spray foam called Great Stuff to seal the gaps in our wall insulation. It’s awesome and fun, and works really well.
We trimmed it with a razor, and touched up the paint on the floor before beginning to lay down insulation.
We first cut sheets of Red Rosin Paper to try and mitigate any moisture that should get in the floor. We’re covering that with R6.5 polyiso foam board. The foil on the foam board should also act as a vapor barrier of sorts. We’ll have the subfloor finished by tomorrow.
We did a bit of traveling this summer, and took a bit of time off to boot. We’re starting back up, and construction (so far) seems to be moving quicker than demolition did. We have two coats of BusKote on the roof, and will be adding a final third coat. It’s pretty cool stuff.
We started cutting and fitting insulation in the wall. We’re using 2″ of polyiso insulation, coming out to roughly R12 in our walls. We’re sealing the cracks with spray foam.